Friday, May 11, 2012






+

"If desire causes suffering, it may because we do not desire wisely, or that we are inexpert at obtaining what we desire. Instead of hiding our heads in a prayer cloth and building walls against desire, why not get better at fulfilling desire?

Salvation is for the feeble, thats what I think.
I dont want salvation, I want life, all of life, the miserable as well as the superb. If the gods would tax ecstasy, then I shall pay; however I shall protest their taxes at every opportunity – and if Wodon or Shiva or Buddha or that Christian fellow – whats his name? – cannot respect that, then I accept their wrath.

At least I will have tasted the banquet that they have spread before me on this rich, round planet rather than recoiling from it like a toothless bunny. I cannot believe that the most delicious things were placed here merely to test us to tempt us, to make it more difficult for us to capture the grand prize: the safety of the void. To fashion a life such a petty game is unworthy of both men and gods.

-Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume (which i just started reading again and highly suggest, no, INSIST everyone read it) 


PHOTOS:

Vogue  Netherlands - May 2012
Rianne Ten Haken by Petrovsky + Ramone



1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you think!