Friday, April 13, 2012

Clove Hitch or Square Knot??






images from "Macrame: Creative Design in Knotting"

+

Your probably shocked that a party animal like me won't be making it to Coachella this weekend, I just had SO many other events planned that i couldn't fit it in! Events like sewing, dip dyeing, silk painting... clearly I'm my mothers daughter. 

On that note, I want to start sharing images from my favorite vintage arts and crafts books. I love looking through them as a reminder that good art takes time, and using techniques that don't have the instant gratification that we are so used to in the modern age makes me feel more in touch with my surroundings. 

Taking time to focus on a project like macrame is incredibly meditative, and helps calm the tumblr-induced "i've seen too many images to process ANYTHING"mindset that I frequently find myself in after a few hours at a computer screen. So on this rainy L.A. weekend, I'll be catching up on some much needed creative time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!