Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Izziyana Suhaimi












images from here

"I am interested in collapsing the boundaries between traditional and popular cultures and exploring the links that exist between these two. My work examines how this particular mishmash manifests itself in modern times, especially concerning modern youths. Preferring to work with craft-based techniques, I am attracted to the evidence of the hand and its time-consuming aspect, which runs counter to the instant gratification and mass-production centred age of today."

-Izziyana Suhaimi


Discovered via Textile Arts Center's blog, Izziyana's embroidered drawings are absolutely stunning. Her vision blurs together fashion, art, and craft in such a unique manner. I especially love the backs of her work, being able to see how such chaos can support such beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!