Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dream a Little Dream of Me



images from here
image from here.


I finally got a chance this past weekend to check out Dream Collective, a relatively new shop in Silverlake by jewelry designer Kathryn Bentley full of her jewelry, beautiful leather accessories from other brands, some well curated clothing pieces, and some raw sea salt chocolate that you know I couldn't leave just sitting there. The store fully lives up to its name, dream like with the sun shining through the stained glass windows and a handsome little pup basking in its rays. If you live in the LA area, check it out! Here's her bio, as if you needed more reasons to fall in love with this line:

Dream Collective, Kathryn Bentley's new line of high-end costume jewelry, sends us back in time to a more primitive era. Like ancient relics from a prehistoric age, Bentley's pieces are wrought from rudimentary elements such as oxidized brass and bone, wood and antique African beads. With references to indigenous cultures and primordial forms, the Dream Collective line combines roughly hewn shapes and raw textures with natural, subdued tones for a primal, earthy delicacy.
All Dream Collective pieces are handmame with integrity in the United States.
Indigenous cultures, antique African beads, and oxidized brass, all made by hand in the US. She knows what a girl like me wants! My absolute favorite is the Braille Round Ring, I can feel my hand calling out for it... Come with me, my love... 




1 comment:

  1. I need to visit LA just for the shopping. This looks like an amazing place that does indeed live up to its name.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!