Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ceci est la couleur de mes rêves

Joan Miro - This is the color of my dreams. 

Horace-Bénédict de Saussure’s cyanometer





 vintage playing card


 sunburnt indigo

 shibori textile


All images from one of my favorite inspiration sources, Growing Indigo. I love an art form that you can practice literally from its beginnings, its entirely possible to grow indigo, make a dye from it, and create beautiful fabrics from it. All with techniques that have been practiced for centuries. It makes me feel lazy, really.

 This last photo is from an Indigo Dying workshop in Los Angeles in November that i would have dyed to go to (oh my god i crack myself up...). So who wants to have an Indigo Dying workshop at my place??

Not a lot more to say, I've been recovering/continually celebrating my birthday along with actually having a lot of work to do, topped off with the cherry of lots of sales last week (that means lots of shipping this week!).

I leave you with one of my all time favorite jokes, in the spirit of dying. 

While passing a cemetery, my father would point and go "see that place?" 

"yeah, dad?" 

"people are dying to get in there! a hyuk. a hyuk. a hyuk." 

2 comments:

  1. navy is just my favourite colour, these are lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colour, it's one of my favourite ones as well :)great post xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!