Saturday, December 24, 2011

Where is Sleepy Darlings?

She woke up and re-named her blog The Aquarians. Deal with it!


Long story short, after 2 1/2 years of a name I wasn't totally in love with to begin with, I've decided its time to start something new. It's still all my favorite artists and designers, DIY projects, and personal projects, just with a title that fits my work a little better. It's about creating unity within the creative community, a search for brotherhood (and sistahood), enlightenment, and peace through art and design.


I'm an Aquarian by birth, but I'm also really drawn to the idea of a new and enlightened age, moving on from the sometimes materialistic and selfish ways of our current lives (something I'm always having internal fights about). While the actual date of this age is under debate, gaining insight through its meaning is what is really important. Aquarius is most associated with concepts like humanism, philanthropy, and modernization, as well as freedom, nonconformity, and rebellion. I can dig it.

3 comments:

  1. I really like it. It suits you much better. No better time than the present to change for the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh. I said better 3 times didn't I? Holiday mush brain...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!